Considering expanding your business in the markets of South Korea, Japan, and South East Asia (ASEAN)?
The new Asia Market Development Program (AMDP) connects companies with the in-market knowledge and resources they need to successfully expand or diversify into these large and fast-growing markets.
The AMDP provides:
- Up to 20 days of one-on-one professional business development services focused on growing sales and making connections within the Asian market.
- A specialized strategic market-entry plan including pre-qualified connections to executive-level decision-makers.
- Professional marketing support services to help drive market development activities and lead generation.
- Coordinated access to existing federal and provincial export development resources, including a network of export development officials.
Why South Korea, Japan, and ASEAN markets?
Canada enjoys preferential market access in many of the countries in the region through the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) and Canada-Korea Free Trade Agreement. In addition:
- With more than 660 million people, the ASEAN region represents the 5th largest economy in the world
- The ASEAN region as a single entity ranks as Canada’s 6th largest trading partner
- Japan imports about 60% of its food and is a large, competitive, and lucrative market well-suited for top quality products from Atlantic Canada
- South Korea has a diverse market of consumers willing to try novel products and unique experiences
- The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted supply chains around the world. This has caused many companies to look to diversify their suppliers, which in turn has created opportunities for new players to break into the market.
- Close, meaningful relationships are key to success in the ASEAN markets, South Korea and Japan. The sooner you start to build them, the better chance of success for your business.
- Economies in the region are growing fast – get in ahead of the competition.
Applicants should be experienced exporter companies currently selling outside of Atlantic Canada. Companies should be prepared to demonstrate an organizational commitment to executing an Asia-focused export growth strategy.
Applicants will be interviewed by export development officers and upon acceptance into the program will be required to pay a non-refundable participation fee of $4,750.00 CAD plus HST.
Applications are being accepted on a continuous basis until AMDP reaches the program capacity limit.
For more information:
Export Development Executive, AMDP