A New Program to Help Atlantic Canadian ICT Companies Grow Export Sales in the Atlanta Market
The Strategic Support & Virtual Atlanta Market Entry Program (the “Program”) is designed to help Atlantic Canada-based Smart Enterprise Technology companies build an international presence and grow their export sales in the Atlanta market.
The Program will run from July 1, 2020, to October 31, 2020.
What does the Strategic Support & Virtual Atlanta Market Entry Program offer?
- Customized strategic 1:1 support from a seasoned industry expert to help grow their business in this time of disruption
- Virtual access to the Atlanta market, leading to diversification into new export sales markets, and increased value of exports.
Participating companies will receive:
- 1:1 support from a seasoned industry expert (up to 25 hours)
- Insights into key industries from industry decision-makers
- Insights into opportunities in the Atlanta region
- Virtual market entry support via online platform
- In-market support from the Atlanta-based Trade Commissioner Service, and others
To be eligible for the Program, the business must demonstrate that they:
- Are a provincially or federally registered company in good standing and headquartered in Atlantic Canada
- Possess a fully-developed, exportable product and/or service that can be sold into the Atlanta market supported by their international strategy
- Have management commitment and the human resource capacity to execute the strategy
- Have the production and service capacity to meet projected demand
Companies who demonstrate the following will be given preference in the selection process:
- Offer technologies that digitalize enterprise operations, improving processes or enabling the provision of new services
- Provide verified solutions with existing clients
- Can scale to the mass market
- Have a solid management team in place to support potential growth
- Are relevant to the main industries in the Greater Atlanta region: financial industry, cybersecurity, e-health, retail, logistics, media, and communications
For more information, please contact:
Export Development Executive
Alicia Roisman Ismach
Venn Innovation Inc.
This Program contributes to the aims and objectives of the Atlantic Trade and Investment Growth Strategy, a collaborative, pan-Atlantic approach to help Atlantic businesses begin exporting, increase their export sales, expand to new markets, and create global partnerships. The Strategy was developed jointly by the governments of Canada, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland and Labrador.
Support for this Program is provided in part through the Atlantic Trade and Investment Growth Agreement, a federal/provincial agreement between the Government of Canada and the governments of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland and Labrador.