We are already hearing and reading the stories of companies across our province stepping up with their products and resources to aid during the COVID-19 response and recovery efforts. Thank you. The need is certainly there, and the Government of Canada continues to look for companies that may be able to help.
Here are some areas where New Brunswick companies may be able to aid with emergency products and/or services:
Public Service and Procurement Canada (PSPC) needs suppliers that could provide specific products (e.g. N95 masks, gowns, gloves, and other Personal Protective Equipment ) or services (e.g. food, nursing, security services):
- Government of Canada link: Calling all suppliers – Help Canada combat Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- E-mail: PABPMEClient-APOSMEClient.PWGSC@tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca
Innovation, Science, and Economic Development Canada (ISED) needs Canadian manufacturers to make needed supplies, rapidly re-tool existing facilities and/or equipment or who have skilled talent that could work elsewhere in Canada:
- Link: Call to action: Canadian manufacturers needed to help combat COVID-19
- E-mail: email@example.com
National Research Council Canada (NRC) is reaching out to its networks and Canada’s innovative small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), seeking innovative solutions and candidates for funding through Innovative Solutions Canada:
- Link: NRC COVID-19 Challenge Program
- Intake form: Expression of Interest – Challenge Program collaboration
- Intake form for the IRAP: COVID-19 – The National Research Council Industrial Research Assistance Program
If you are a Canadian manufacturer or business that can assist Canada in meeting the need for medical supplies, your help is needed.
If you can say yes to the following, we want to hear from you.
- You manufacture in Canada and/or have ready access to necessary inputs through your supply chain.
- You have equipment or facilities that can be rapidly re-tooled to meet medical needs, including for personal protective equipment (PPE) such as gloves, masks, and surgical gowns; sanitizers; wipes; ventilators; and other medical equipment and supplies.
- You have skilled workers who are able to respond and who could be available for work in the current circumstances.
The Plan to Mobilize Industry to fight COVID-19 directly supports businesses to rapidly scale up production or re-tool their manufacturing lines to develop products made in Canada that will help in the fight against COVID-19.
The National Research Council’s Industrial Research Assistance Program will build on its existing relationships with thousands of Canada’s most innovative small and medium-sized businesses to pose challenges to the marketplace for innovative solutions to fight COVID-19. The most promising solutions will be selected for procurement, working with Innovative Solutions Canada.
Stay in the Loop
COVID-19 Guidance for New Brunswick Businesses: https://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/gateways/for_business/covid19.html