The world has changed, and so has the way we all do business. With COVID-19 altering so many things about the way New Brunswick companies work, Opportunities NB (ONB) has shifted the way we support them and their export activities.
Post-COVID-19 changes in the world of trade include but are not limited to:
- Global trade events in 2020 shifting to online platforms while international travel is severely restricted;
- Surging global e-commerce adoption and the readily available data and analytical tools that accompany it;
- Impacts on international commerce over the next 6-18 months due to shifting market demand, changing business models, public health guidelines, global supply chain disruptions, and more.
ONB has taken a leading role in helping New Brunswick’s exporters adapt to these global shifts. We recognize that in the face of today’s ‘new normal’, it is essential to remain agile and pivot to new business models when possible. We call our new approach Export Development 2.0.
Webinars to Help Refresh the Basics and Pivot to the New Normal
Subject matter experts from ONB and across the province are coming together for a new webinar series aimed at helping New Brunswick exporters better compete in the new normal. Launching Tuesday, August 25, the Export Learning Series will consist of 8 webinars to make up two initial modules; (1) Back to Basics, and (2) E-Commerce. (Note: stay tuned for details on future modules)
(ALL webinars take place from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm ADT)
Module 1 – Back to Basics
Longstanding export strategies can and will require a pivot in the post-COVID-19 world. This module gets you ready to refocus on the meat and potatoes of exporting.
1. Tuesday, August 25 – It’s Time for an Export Plan Refresh, featuring Janice Goguen, Oliva Strategies.
2. Thursday, August 27 – How to Use Quarterly Budgets to Determine Export Price, featuring Janice Goguen, Oliva Strategies.
3. Tuesday, September 1 – Building a Practical Sales Process, featuring Kent Murphy and Mark Haines-Lacey, Atlantic Growth Solutions.
4. Thursday, September 3 – Going to Market through Indirect Sales Channels, featuring Ken MacDonald, CLARITY Sales Enablement.
5. Tuesday, September 8 – Navigating Supply Chain Logistics in the New Normal, featuring Dale Thibodeau, DJ Thibodeau & Associates.
6. Thursday, September 10 – Lessons in Importing and Exporting While you Pivot your Business, featuring Luc Jalbert, Parallax Group.
Module 2 – E-commerce
If you’re not online, you’re not in the game. This module aims to help exporters understand the roadmap and steps to master the digital sales environment.
7. Tuesday, September 15 – How to Grow your Online Sales with Effective E-commerce Planning, featuring Scott MacIntosh, Second Spring Digital.
8. Tuesday, September 22 – Website Relevancy: Why Customer-Centric Content is Key, featuring Nadine Léger, Vox Interactif.
Stay tuned for additional training modules dedicated to helping you with digital trade!
For more information on this series or anything else export-related please contact our Export Development Team directly.