Earlier this year, the ONB ICT Ecosystem Academy brought together a group of founders and leaders from New Brunswick’s top startup technology companies for a 3-month accelerator program focused on developing ecosystem strategy skills.
That Academy, as well as the ONB ICT Advanced Ecosystem Academy, worked with nine New Brunswick companies from February to May 2022 to assess their existing partner strategies and map out their surrounding ecosystem to determine where they fit in the broader tech ecosystem at large.
By undertaking this mapping exercise and learning the principles of ecosystem strategy, participating companies were able to identify opportunities to integrate their technology with other platforms; access new industries and markets; increase their distribution and reach; and ultimately build alternative revenue streams and drive revenues. Participating companies determined that the program helped them identify over $20 million dollars in potential revenue opportunities.
This fall, ONB and PartnerReady are pleased to present the second cohort of both our ICT Ecosystem Academy and Advanced ICT Ecosystem Academy.
Objectives of The Academies
The ONB ICT Ecosystem Academy has three primary objectives:
- To create an environment where tech entrepreneurs & leaders from New Brunswick learn the skills needed to operate in the global tech ecosystem.
- To take those applied skills to reach into markets outside of the Province of New Brunswick to stimulate business and to bring economic revenues into the region.
- To create a platform from which participants can accelerate their business prospects, with education and hands-on mentorship from highly experienced partner professionals from across the tech industry globally.
The Advanced Academy focuses on the above objectives but brings things to another level, with goals of:
- Enabling an environment where tech entrepreneurs & leaders from New Brunswick who have existing ecosystem and partner programs, can up-level their skills needed to operate in the global tech ecosystem.
- Creating a platform from which participants can accelerate their business prospects, with 1:1 education and hands-on mentorship from highly experienced partner professionals from across the tech industry globally.
Real Results for New Brunswick Businesses
ONB and PartnerReady are thrilled with the responses from the first cohort of the Academies. Participating companies have benefited in many ways from the program and continue to let us know.
“I thought we might be too early for this program, but the timing was perfect for us. It dovetails quite well with how we work and what we are doing for this stage. With the framework we picked up with this program, we are going to work on building our partnerships in parallel,” said Jake Arseneault, CEO of Black Arcs in Fredericton.
“We know we have limited resources but through this program, we were able to identify two opportunities that we can execute against without adding more resources immediately to our team,” noted Jeff Harvie, Head of Growth with Saint John’s Four Eyes Financial.
“The Revenue Playbook program has been a true eye-opener for me personally. The curriculum is deeply impactful and unique in what it delivers!” says JF Poirier, Strategic Partnerships Lead with Moncton’s VidCruiter regarding participation in the Advanced Academy.
Be a Part of the Next Cohort!
Growth-minded individuals in the New Brunswick ICT ecosystem including (but not limited to) founders, CEOs, and key leaders from tech companies, should join us for the next cohort of the ONB ICT Ecosystem Academy and its Advanced counterpart.
ONB is now recruiting companies for this second cohort which runs from October 2022 to January 2023. All information and registration details can be found here.
About our partners: PartnerReady helps clients succeed by bringing proven methods and experienced Partner Professionals into the organization as a temporary extension of the leadership team. These experts guide the client’s team through a proven process to achieve growth and partnership success.