The 2023 NB Export Awards take place on Thursday, June 1 beginning at 5:30 p.m. at the Fredericton Convention Centre. This presents an ideal opportunity to provide an in-person training information session in the afternoon, ahead of the main event.
You’re Invited to: Leveraging Sustainability to Drive Exports
- June 1, 2023, from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Fredericton Convention Centre, Marysville Room
- Free (but registration is required)
The ONB Export & Business Growth teams strive to connect New Brunswick companies with opportunities to grow their businesses locally and internationally. This information session will provide value to New Brunswick companies, potential and existing exporters, on a relevant business development topic for businesses of all sizes – sustainability.
Why this is important to NB companies: The move to a greener economy is complex but necessary. New Brunswick companies are committed to growth while incorporating sustainable measures and reducing their carbon footprints. This session will provide valuable insight into how sustainability efforts can help businesses drive exports and reach new markets as environmentally sound business practices become essential. The session will also highlight the opportunities sustainability poses for exporters trying to integrate into complex global supply chains.
Topics & Speakers:
We have pulled together a lineup of subject matter experts to deliver relevant and valuable content with attendees.
- Welcome from ONB
- Panel: Leveraging Sustainability to Drive Exports (1hr including Q&A)
- Facilitator – Misty Wade Hovey, Chief Marketing & Engagement Officer, EcoAdvisors and EcoInvestors Capital
- Panelist – Natasha Dhayagude, CEO, Chinova Bioworks
- Panelist – Andrew McLaughlin, ONB board member and VP Legal Affairs, General Counsel and ESG Lead, Major Drilling Group
- Panelist – Brian McCain, Director, Environment and Resource Efficient Operations, McCain Foods
- Sustainable Exporter Spotlight, Waska (15 mins)
- Pierre Michaud, General Manager
- Robert Guérette, Regional Manager, Opportunities NB
- Fireside Chat with Local & U.S. based Trade Commissioners (45 min including Q&A)
- Facilitator – Ms. Elizabeth Reid, Consul, Senior Trade Commissioner
- Ms. Cécile Landgrebe, Trade Commissioner, Agriculture and Processed Foods
- Ms. Aline Le Blanc, Trade Commissioner, Lifesciences, Consumer Products, & Infrastructure
- Mr. Guy Tessler, International Development, The Pendleton Group out of Atlanta
- Wrap-up and networking (30 mins)