For the sixth consecutive year, Opportunities NB (ONB) invited high school graduates enrolled in New Brunswick post-secondary institutions to apply for one of our 12 NB Proud Awards worth $1,000 each. The awards are now being presented to 12 graduates from across New Brunswick to support their post-secondary educational goals in any way they choose.
One of New Brunswick’s (and ONB’s) top challenges is ensuring we have a robust talent pipeline for industry. ONB recognizes that student retention is essential to helping New Brunswick employers meet the workforce needs they face now and in the future.
To support student retention, ONB is pleased to again recognize our high school graduates who demonstrate pride in New Brunswick and a passion to remain here and contribute to that growth. The NB Proud Awards encourage our students to pursue their post-secondary studies right here at home and help to ensure those students are prepared for opportunities within New Brunswick’s workforce.
This year’s application requirements included writing short 100-200-word essay on one of three relevant topics and submitting it with a related photo. Those topics were:
- What’s the most impactful thing you learned in high school? How will you take that lesson and apply it to your next chapter? OR
- Why did you choose to attend a New Brunswick post-secondary institution? What unique benefits do you feel New Brunswick offers new graduates? OR
- Who or what inspired you to pursue the post-secondary program that you chose? What do you want to do for a career in New Brunswick?
Having sorted through all the nearly 100 applications received this year from every corner of the province, we have settled on our 12 winners!
1. Alyssa Grace Chapman – Graduating from Kennebecasis Valley High School and attending University of New Brunswick, Saint John in the fall.
2. Amelie Barham – Graduating from St. Stephen High School and attending University of New Brunswick, Fredericton in the fall.
3. Annie Gautreau – Graduating from École Clément-Cormier and attending Université de Moncton in the fall.
4. Ben Mozgovoi – Graduating from École Sainte-Anne and attending University of New Brunswick, Fredericton in the fall.
5. Eden Maltby – Graduating from Miramichi Valley High School and attending Crandall University in the fall.
6. Emily Thornton – Graduating from Fredericton High School and attending University of New Brunswick, Fredericton in the fall.
7. Garrett Scott Oakes – Graduating from Carleton North High School and attending University of New Brunswick, Saint John in the fall.
8. Jack Andrew Arsenault – Graduating from Tantramar Regional High School and attending Mount Allison University in the fall.
9. Jessica Greene – Graduating from Campobello Island Consolidated School and attending University of New Brunswick, Fredericton in the fall.
10. Marc-André Dionne – Graduating from Cité des Jeunes A.-M.-Sormany and attending Université de Moncton in the fall.
11. Nicolas Savoie – Graduating from École Mathieu Martin and attending Université de Moncton in the fall.
12. Arielle Andrée Frenette – Graduating from l’École Secondaire Népisiguit and Attending Oulton college in the fall.
Our congratulations go out to these 12 great students!
Thank you to all students who took the time to apply this year! The quality of applications was impressive, and we wish all applicants the best of luck as they begin their post-secondary journeys at home in New Brunswick.
ONB offers many opportunities for students to gain professional experience, training, and mentorship. Wish to learn more about our student program? Contact us.