The ONB-hosted New Brunswick Export Awards recognize outstanding export performance by New Brunswick-based companies in the international marketplace. The Awards aim to celebrate the business savvy, entrepreneurial spirit, and innovation of businesses located in the province that have achieved either recent and/or ongoing success in developing new markets.
Winners are selected by a judging panel made up of carefully selected business experts from the private sector and academia. Judges are chosen based on knowledge of the New Brunswick business community and understanding of international trade.
The 2018 ceremony was held last night at Moncton’s Casino New Brunswick, with companies being honoured in six categories.
Here’s a recap of this year’s outstanding winners:
1. The Exporter of the Year (over $5 million in export sales) Award recognizes the company that represents an all-around excellence in export. The winner is the one that demonstrates a significant increase in export sales (over $5 million) over previous years but also demonstrates solid market diversification, new product developments, and notable innovations.
Winner: InteliSys Aviation Systems
2. The Exporter of the Year (under $5 million in export sales) Award recognizes the company that represents an all-around excellence in export. The winner is the one that demonstrates a significant increase in export sales (under $5 million) over previous years.
Winner: Masitek Instruments
3. The Innovative Exporter of the Year Award recognizes companies who have successfully employed innovative marketing techniques to expand their export markets, and/or companies whose products are seen as cutting edge in terms of innovation.
Winner: Thermtest Inc.
4. The Global Diversification Award recognizes companies who have opened up new markets outside of Canada and the United States. This award seeks to acknowledge the perseverance of those companies who’ve expanded their reach outside of the North American market.
Winner: Remsoft Inc.
5. The Emerging Exporter of the Year Award recognizes those companies who are new to export within the past five years (began exporting no earlier than 2012). Nominees are judged on a host of criteria including the volume of export sales, level of difficulty in entering new markets, novel approaches taken, and new products developed specifically for export markets.
Winner: Bouctouche Bay Industries
6. The Foreign-Owned Exporter Award recognizes those foreign-owned companies who are successfully exporting New Brunswick-produced products. While their headquarters are located outside the province, their facilities here provide New Brunswick residents with valuable jobs and make significant contributions to the provincial economy.
Finally, for the second year in a row, ONB presented the Impact Award for Investment. That award recognizes a company that has had a significant effect on New Brunswick’s economy by choosing to invest here. This year’s recipient was ExxonMobil Business Support Centre Canada, a fantastic company celebrating their 20th anniversary in New Brunswick in 2018.
ONB would like to extend our congratulations to all of this year’s winners!
Are you ready to become the next New Brunswick export success story? ONB specializes in providing one-on-one counseling and services to export-ready companies and existing exporters. Click here to connect with our team.