October 21, 2021, FREDERICTON (GNB) – A partnership among Opportunities NB, the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA), and CANUSA Cedar will provide the cedar shingle manufacturer with up to $74, 000 in financial assistance.
“I am confident that this funding will set the stage for CANUSA Cedar’s future growth and success,” said Arlene Dunn, minister responsible for Opportunities NB. “This is another example of a symbiotic relationship between government and businesses in New Brunswick.”
Opportunities NB estimates that this funding would contribute $3.6 million directly to the province’s GDP.
“The funding provided for the automation of our production processes will not only help us improve the quality of our products, but also add value for our customers,” said Dave Bonenfant, president of CANUSA Cedar. “This automation will allow us to eliminate waste and make optimal use of our raw materials. We are proud to say that we will be able to increase our production capacity while reducing the amount of biological waste from our plant.”
Founded in 2006, CANUSA Cedar is located in Baker Brook and provides customers with re-squared and rebutted cedar shingles.
The funding is intended to help the company:
• Improve the quality and consistency of its shingles due to an enhanced automated inspection process.
• Increase production capacity and eliminate waste caused by human error.
• React more quickly to changing market conditions and client needs.
• Create more value for customers.
• Reduce the company’s biological waste and maximize the use of its raw materials.
Abigail McCarthy, communications, Opportunities NB, email@example.com.