May 27, 2022, FREDERICTON (GNB) – Some of New Brunswick’s top-performing exporters were recognized for their achievements at the 2022 Export Awards in Fredericton on Thursday.
“The Export Awards have been recognizing and celebrating New Brunswick exporters for the past 55 years, and after a two-year hiatus we were excited to come together again and applaud their successes,” said Arlene Dunn, the minister responsible for Economic Development and Small Business as well as minister responsible for Opportunities NB. “In New Brunswick, we foster the right environment for companies to succeed, which, in turn, helps grow our economy. The award recipients – in fact, all of the candidates this year – have proven that, together, we are accomplishing just that.”
The winners were selected by a panel of business experts from academia and the private sector using a scoring system.
“What these companies have managed to accomplish over the last two years, in the middle of a pandemic, is amazing but not at all surprising,” said Opportunities NB CEO Sadie Perron. “New Brunswickers have a history of entrepreneurial spirit and resilience. These companies’ global successes exemplify those values. Opportunities NB is proud to celebrate their achievements and to support them moving forward.”
The 2022 award recipients are:
- Exporter of the Year Award +$5 million: C-Therm Technologies Ltd.
- Exporter of the Year Award -$5 million: Chinova Bioworks
- Global Diversification Award: Cooke Aquaculture Inc.
- Innovative Exporter of the Year Award: Smart Skin Technologies Inc.
- Yves Maillet Emerging Exporter of the Year Award: Kognitiv Spark
- Impact Award: UNI Financial Cooperation
- Opportunities NB Resilience Award: Wabanaki Maple and Razor Contract Manufacturing Ltd.
Dunn said these companies are significant contributors to the provincial economy, with nearly $1 billion in export sales.
Michel LeBlanc, communications, Opportunities NB, firstname.lastname@example.org.