India is the fastest-growing economy in the world and is on track to become the third-largest economy as early as 2026. In addition, India is already Canada’s 14th largest export market and will continue to be a valuable partner as Canada deepens its economic links to the Indo-Pacific. The time to enter that market and forge greater ties with Indian customers and partners is now.
New Brunswick is the only Atlantic Province to establish an on-the-ground presence in India’s capital, New Delhi, and the IT capital, the southern city of Bengaluru, via two locally engaged staff. Recognizing that there may be socio-economic & cultural differences, Opportunities NB (ONB) has strategically decided to provide tailored support to NB-based exporters to be successful in India.
Our investment in the Indian economy aligns well with our strategic focus. India is one of the world’s fastest-growing economies, and ONB is looking at that market for both investment and export opportunities,” says Steve Milbury, ONB Vice President of Business Development. “India has for many years seen significant growth and has been a hub for offshoring. Its companies have also seen a greater need for being closer to their clients. That’s good news for NB companies looking to create new partnerships in that market. We are excited about the future and are looking forward to building stronger relations with Indian companies and our partners on the ground in India.”
Resources & Support Available to NB Exporters
ONB can support NB exporters interested in expanding to India in several ways.
1. Handholding & warm introductions to qualified contacts & industry associations through ONB’s dedicated office presence in India, led by senior and experienced ONB Trade Commissioners.
2. In-market presence and boots-on-the-ground at trade events to ensure companies benefit from effective B2B meetings and matchmaking opportunities.
3. Knowledge partner and access to detailed market study reports on priority sectors.
4. Training webinars on important trade topics for India.
Beginning later this summer, ONB is hosting a series of webinars designed to help New Brunswick businesses better understand the challenges and opportunities surrounding entry into the Indian market.
The India Export Webinar Series begins on August 17, 2023. Topics will tentatively include:
- India Export Strategy: How ONB can support companies & an Overview of the Indian economy
- Priority Sector Outlook in India & Upcoming Trade Shows in India
- Fireside Chat: NB Company in India
- Funding & resources to support export activities.
- Shipping & Logistics Considerations: Port Saint John
- Panel: Working with Importers & Distributors in India
- Negotiation and Business Etiquette in India
- Legal and Regulatory Considerations for Exporting to India
- Panel: Learnings from NB companies exporting to India
- Vote for your topic!
Note: Topics may be adjusted based on interest and sector focus of interested companies.
How to join us?
New Brunswick companies (of any size) interested in beginning or expanding their export footprint in India can get started by completing the form below. From there, you will receive updates from ONB’s dedicated Export Development team, including webinar dates, times, and topics, and information on how to become a part of upcoming trade missions to India.
ONB looks forward to working with New Brunswick’s many export-ready companies to create lasting partnerships in India!